What will happen after Halite 2?

I'm sorry if this is a common/dumb question, I'm very new here.

I don't think I have enough time to really work on my bot to really participate in this competition, this one is almost coming to an end. That said, What will happen after Halite 2 finishes? Is there going to be something new? I love this platform, the tooling is great and the community pretty active.

One thing that I've been personally thinking about is trying my hand at ML for Starcraft. See http://satirist.org/learn-game/systems/starcraft/

However, I don't know if I have time for learning Starcraft itself at a competitive level to help me thinking about prioritization, etc.. so I would probably just end up working on ML that learns tabula rasa. Maybe with a focus on RL. (Simulating games takes a long time because the games would be played realtime.. so this might not be that feasible.)

We are hopping to do Halite 3 in the fall of 2018. We will keep the site alive and might think about keeping the challenges feature alive for users to try out the game. Not set on that yet as well, More info as we get closer to the end.

Halite future plan

Is there any way to be notified when a new session of Halite starts up? I didn't find out about this until it was over half over. Assuming you do run another competition, I'd like to get in on day one, instead :grin:

Create an account on Halite (you already have) and we will let you know :slight_smile: