Halite tournament on march 3rd

REGISTRATION DEADLINE ON FEBRUARY 26TH.

Our tournament is already full! We are still letting in five more people but we do not guarantee the participation of the next five people!

We're organising a tournament! Click this link to join our Discord server, and sign up with the link provided in the Discord server. (The reason I'm not providing the link here is because people keep signing up and not joining the Discord server. Joining the server is ABSOLUTELY necessary!)
If you need any help or have any questions, ask Splinter or FrankWhoee (which is me,) on either the official Halite server or the HaliteTournaments server. Have fun coding! :smile:

I am NOT a representative of Two Sigma! This tournament is not happening on the Halite website. It is necessary to join the Discord server to participate in this contest!

To join the official Halite server for all things Halite related, click here.

Most important details:
Round of 32 will happen on March 3rd, 2018 at 4:00PM UTC
Round of 32 will happen on March 3rd, 2018 after RO32
Round of 8 will happen on March 4th, 2018 AT 4:00PM UTC
Round of 4 will happen on March 4th, 2018 after Quarter Finals
Finals will happen on March 4th, 2018 after Semi-Finals.

FORMAT:
-Double Elimination style tournament
-32 players will be participating
-The winners of each round will be determined by a round of 5
-All games will be 1v1
-Previously built bots are allowed
-After each round, you are allowed to change your bot.

PRIZES:
-People who make it to quarter-finals gets a digital certificate that means nothing
-People who make it to semi-finals gets a better looking certificate
-First place receives an even better certificate

RESTRICTIONS:
-COPYING OTHER PEOPLE'S BOTS IS FORBIDDEN. DOING THIS WILL GET YOU DISQUALIFIED.
- If two players have the same bot they will be asked to give an explanation and one of them if not both have to change their bot.
-If you are NOT in the Discord server, you are automatically disqualified until you join.

ADVICE:
You should probably start working on your bot as soon as you see this. You can use previously built bots that you made yourself and most contestants will have bots from the actual game, so working on bots right now will give you a nice advantage. You have at least 2 weeks to work on your bot before the first round happens. Have fun!

What are the rules, if any, on taking portions of code from people's write-ups to improve how my bot does specific sub-tasks?

What about taking strategies from top competitors, like the excellent write-up on two player rushing strategies?

Will you be using the default map generation, or will you try to favor generating maps where rush-bots don't have an advantage?

You can look at code to be inspired, but copying and pasting code is strictly forbidden. You can take any strategy you want that is fine. I think we will be using the default map generation, but we will consider favouring maps to discourage rush bots. Thanks for the idea! :smiley:

These were the results of Season-I :

We are now running Season-II, check out the post!
Join our discord server for more info : https://discord.gg/Q2nDHnn